The historic wild west past is kept alive at Colorado Rodeos all year. In the summer (July and August), most Colorado fairs are centered around the rodeo events. Colorado Rodeos are so popular that many communities host weekly rodeos in the summer as well. The most recognized Colorado Rodeos include Denver's National Western Stock Show in January and the Greeley Stampede in June and July. The PBR (Professional Bull Riders) also holds its final event in Colorado Springs in October.
Colorado Rodeos are great fun for the family, make for a unique date night, are a fun attraction if you’re visiting Colorado for a vacation. You can be sure many Colorado Rodeos also feature country bands, BBQ and general fanfare that surrounds a festive event. When you go to the rodeo expect to see pro rodeo athletes who travel a rodeo competition circuit throughout the west. They compete in rodeo events like bronco riding, bull riding, calf roping and barrel racing. Most rodeos take a break in the middle when kids are invited to participate in the calf scramble, ram scramble and mutton bustin'.
Weekly Summer Colorado Rodeos
- Snowmass - Wednesdays at Snowmass Mountain Rodeo Grands
- Steamboat - Fridays and Saturdays at Romick Arena
- Grand Junction - Rimrock Rodeo on Tuesdays in Fruita
- Carbondale - Thursdays in July and August at Gus Darien Riding Arena
- Fraser - The High Country Stampede Rodeo in July and August on Saturdays
- Granby - The Granby Rodeo takes place on Fridays and Saturdays in June
- Beaver Creek - Takes place every Thursday in July and August at Traer Creek Arena
Top Colorado Rodeo Venues
- National Western Complex, Denver
- Norris-Penrose Event Center, Colorado Springs
- Mesa County Fairgrounds, Grand Junction
- Island Grove Park, Greeley
- Ski Hi park, Monte Vista
- The Ranch Event Complex
See this weeks rodeos below.