Outdoor concerts in Colorado take place at the world’s most beautiful and spectacular venues. Many stages are surrounded by magnificent mountain peaks and national forest. These venues are also found in downtowns and parks in just about every community in Colorado. The world’s most famous venue, Red Rocks, presents outdoor concerts year around including Icelantic on the Rocks held in January.
Many outdoor concerts in Colorado are free in the summer . Whether we’re talking about bands on the bricks in downtown Boulder or the Keepin’ it Free summer concert series at Howelson Hill in Steamboat, there’s usually a free outdoor concert somewhere in Colorado every summer night of the week.
What to bring to outdoor concerts in Colorado
Make sure your outdoor concerts plan includes a jacket. Even a summer night in Colorado can get chilly.
Most venues sell snacks and beverages to offset the cost of producing a concert so be sure to buy a beer, a soft drink, some popcorn or a hotdog. That little bit of money you spend goes a long way to keeping a free concert series free.
Check first, but most venues will allow you to bring lawn chairs and blankets.
If you know a venue or outdoor concert series that should be listed here, please send that info to [email protected].
Top outdoor concerts venues
- Red Rocks, Morrison
- Fiddler's Green, Englewood
- Rio Grande Scenic Railroad (Alamosa)
- Lake Dillon Amphitheatre, Dillon
- Snowmass Mountain, Snowmass
- Las Colonias Amphitheatre, Grand Junction
- Telluride Town Park, Telluride
- Frisco Town Park, Frisco
- Rendezvous Event Center - Winter Park
- Howelsen Hill, Steamboat Springs
- Copper Center Village
- Gerald R Ford Amphitheatre Vail
- Crested Butte Mountain Resort
- Downtown Boulder Bands on The Bricks
- Evergreen Lake House
- Lagoon Summer Concerts Series 640 W Plum St (Loveland)
- Nottingham Park (Avon)
- Performance Park Amphitheatre (Estes Park)
- Paonia Town Park
- Riverside Park (Salida)
- Mountain Village (Telluride)
- Civic Center Park (Denver)
- Levitt Pavilion (Denver)
- Founder Green Park (Denver)
- City Park (Denver)
- Stapleton Conservatory Green (Denver)